All South African enjoys braai and pizza.
Try this easy recipe: Pizza with braai meat and chakalaka
- LEFTOVERS: 1-2 chops (preferably lamb) and 1 piece of boerewors
- 1-2ready made pizza bases
- 60mlchakalaka or chopped tomatoes
- 2garlic cloves, crushed
- 100gmozzarella or cheddar cheese, sliced
- 1/2red pepper, sliced into rings
- 1-2braaied lamb chops
- 1 piece of braaied boerewors
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- fresh herbs such as rocket
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Grease a large baking sheet with nonstick spray.
1 Put the pizza base(s) on the prepared baking sheet and spread the chakalaka ort omatoes over.
2 Sprinkle the garlic over then layer the cheese and red pepper rings on top.
3 Cut the chop meat off the bone and slice into strips. Slice the sausage into medallions and arrange on the pizza with the meat strips.
4 Season with salt and pepper and bake for 10-15 minutes – the base should be crispy and the cheese melted.
5 TO SERVE
Sprinkle the herbs over and slice the pizza. Serve hot.