Thursday 20 June 2019
From 6:00 to 23:45 (for rehearsal pruposes)
- Church Square.
- Roeland Street: between Plein and Buitenkant Street
- Closure of Company Gardens.
- Government Avenue from Orange Street to Wale Street.
- Plein Street from Longmarket Street to Roeland Street.
- St Johns Street from Roeland Street to Vrede Street.
- Gallery Lane.
- Bouquet Street.
- Hope Street between Roeland and Glynn Street.
- Wesley Street between Buitenkant and Hope Street.
- Glynn Street between Buitenkant and Hope Street.
- Wale Street: between Queen Victoria and Adderley Street.
- Bureau Street: between Adderley and Parliament Street.
- Spin Street and Mostert Street between Corporation and Parliament Street.
- Parliament Street from the gates of Parliament to Longmarket Street.
Roads to close on THURSDAY EVENING only
From 17:00 to 20:00:
• Buitenkant Street between Roeland and Strand Street
From 17:45 to 19:30:
- Klipper Road, Newlands: from Main Road (M4) to Newlands Avenue
- Princess Anne Avenue, Newlands: from Newlands Avenue to Union Avenue.
- Newlands Avenue, Newlands: from Dean Street to Princess Anne Avenue.
- Dean Street, Newlands, westbound: from Main Road (M4) to Newlands Avenue.
- M3, Union Avenue, Rhodes Drive, Philip Kgosana Drive (De Waal Drive), Roeland Street, City-bound carriageway: from Newlands Avenue to city centre.
- Woolsack Drive, Rondebosch, westbound: between Main Road (M4) and Rhodes Drive (M3).
- Anzio Road, Observatory: from Main Road (M4) to Philip Kgosana Drive (De Waal Drive) (M3).
- N2, Settlers Way City-bound carriageway: from Main Road (M4) to city centre.
From 18:00 to 19:30:
- Roeland Street, between Buitenkant and Brandweer Street.
Road users are advised to use the following alternative routes to the City Bowl during the event:
- From the N2 (Settler’s Way): use the N1, FW de Klerk Boulevard via M5 (Black River Parkway), or M7 (Jakes Gerwel Drive).
- From the M3 (Union Avenue): use the M5 (Black River Parkway) and N1 (FW de Klerk Boulevard) or M4 (Main Road), onto Victoria Road, right onto Christiaan Barnard Road to circle the outer CBD.
*Note: Tennant and De Villiers streets are closed; no access to Roeland Street; Annandale/Orange Street. Use lower CBD and circle around. Unless it’s for local access into the residential areas, right onto Christiaan Barnard Road to circle the outer CBD.
- Outer CBD Circle Road: Use the following ring route to/from the area of the CBD affecting you:
- Christiaan Barnard Road
- FW De Klerk Boulevard
- Buitengracht Street
- Buitensingel Street
- Orange Street
- Jutland Avenue
- Tennant Street (Controlled closure, local access only)
- Christiaan Barnard Road
For a detailed breakdown, go to www.capetown.gov.za.