If you’re wondering how to keep your kids entertained and have fun while in Cape Town. Here we put a list together from swimming to rose picking and holiday resort programs the whole family will enjoy.
FROM HOT POOLS TO AN ENTERTAINMENT PROGRAMME
This Rawsonville holiday resort, just an hour’s drive from Cape Town, is famous for its five hot pools (one has a water slide). Plus, there’s putt-putt, trampolines, tennis and volleyball courts as well as a games room.
Price: Day visitors: R150p, children under 12: R80
Wyzersdrift Road, Rawsonville | +27 ((0)23 349 8100 | email@example.com
SPLASH OUT AT MONDEOR IN SOMERSET WEST
Not only does this family-style restaurant serve delicious food, but there is also a huge kiddies play area, a slip ‘n slide slippery slide and a splash pool. You can also expect live music.
Price: Free entry but prices are according to the menu
Hours: Sun–Thur: 9am–5pm; Fri–Sat: 9am–6pm
ANIMAL FARM AND FUN RIDES IN STELLENBOSCH
Situated on the well-known Vredenheim Wine Farm in Stellenbosch, this new addition offers a range of activities that will entertain the whole family. There are a variety of tame and friendly farm animals and the kids may feed them too if they wish.
Price: 0–12 months: free; children R40, adults R20 (tractor rides cost an additional R20)
Hours: Sat–Sun: 10am–4pm
AQUARIUM ENTRY ON BIRTHDAYS
Good news is all South African now get free entry into the Two Oceans Aquarium at the V&A Waterfront on their birthday. Get all the info on the Two Oceans Aquarium free birthday experience. Plus:
Hours: 9:30am – 6pm | 365 days a year
GARDENS SKATE PARK
This kid-friendly skate park offers hours of mahala entertainment. T
Price: Free entrance
Hours: Opening times are flexible, but usually 8am–9pmU
STORY TIME AT THE BOOK LOUNGE
The Book Lounge in Cape Town’s East City offers a delightful event that keeps kids entertained. Storytime at The Book Lounge,
Session time: Every Saturday at 11am (times may vary over the Festive Season)
ROSE PICKING AT CHART FARM
Picking your own roses at Wynberg’s charming Chart Farm is a fun activity for children. Between November and June every year, the property’s gardens are in full bloom and guests come to pick roses of their choice. The farm is also home to a quaint café that looks out over the rolling hills and vineyards of the Constantia Valley and serves delicious treats.
Price: R6 per rose
Hours: Mon–Sun: 9am–4:30pm
- BATTERY PARK -Entry Free
- THE V&A FOOD MARKET-Price: Free entry + prices according to vendor
- IZIKO PLANETARIUM AND DIGITAL DOME- Price: Adults (19 years and older): R60; children, students and pensioners: R30 Hours: Tues–Sun: 9am – 5pm; closed on Mondays, Workers’ Day and Christmas Day. On Wednesday evenings, there are shows ar 7 and at 8 pm.
- MAZE WORLD AT IMHOFF FARM- Price: Adults: R50; Children: R50 Hours: Tue–Sun: 9am–5pm and open on public holidays, weather permitting
- CLAY CAFE-Price: R40 studio fee + the value of the selected items (the ceramics prices vary depending on size and shape) Hours: Open every day: 9am–5pm
- STELLENBOSCH TOY AND MINIATURE MUSEUM- Price: R5 for children; R15 for adults Hours: Mon–Fri: 9am–4:30pm; Sat and public holidays: 9am–2pm (times may vary over the Festive Season)
- LE BONHEUR CROCODILE FARM- Price: Croc Pond Guided Tour: R66 for adults; R40 for persons under 18 years old Hours: Mon–Sun: 9am–5pm