Snupit Contributes to Social Relief Programmes During COVID19
As the Covid-19 pandemic intensifies across South Africa, many individuals, families, and businesses are feeling immense financial strain because of the job losses. There are many ways in which successful businesses are offering support now when society needs it most. Snupit has responded by actively engaging in various social relief programme’s and expanding their charitable giving initiatives in light of the recent events.
In this critical time of need, Snupit is taking several steps to give back to the community through the following charitable endeavors:
- Monetary contribution to the South African Solidarity Fund
- Grocery hampers to families affected by unemployment and social distress
- Donation to Food For Life (FFL) – provision of daily hot meals
- Donation of PPE equipment to frail care facilities
- We’ve adapted our technology to build a social app to match families in need with donors (free for everyone to use)
Avinash Samlall, Snupit’s Founder and CEO, commented on this, “There is no better time to give than now. South Africa has been built on the principles of ubuntu and we at Snupit are trying to do our bit to live this philosophy. It’s a privilege to contribute and to be part of this effort”
Even under normal conditions, supporting the community is big focus for Snupit.
Mr Samlall further added, “This is our small way of helping people around us to find some calm and compassion for themselves and those around them in a truly trying time. Our lives are very uncertain, however it’s at times like these when we feel it more than ever. We hope these small gestures can help look after the people around us.”